The Food and Beverage (F&B) Service Industry is a fast-paced and demanding field that requires exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail to keep precise records of the high volume of sales that occur on a daily basis through various sources. An effective Daily Sales Report form is essential to making this possible. These forms guarantee that every aspect of the service process is carried out accurately and efficiently, eliminating the risk of errors.
F&B service businesses can improve efficiency and reduce the risk of human error by taking a systematic approach to sales reporting. This results in zero errors when assessing finances that are critical to the business's operation. Forms are not a one-time solution though and should be regularly reviewed and updated to ensure they remain relevant and practical. As the needs and requirements of the business change, the checklists should be adjusted accordingly.
A key benefit of using sales reporting forms is that they provide a clear, step-by-step guide, which prevents the likelihood of any task being overlooked. Using checklists also makes tracking performance and identifying areas for improvement easier. It's important to note that forms conducted on paper make tracking a cumbersome process because data collation and management are highly prone to errors, resulting in inaccurate analysis. This is where the need to digitize your entire checklist process comes into play.
Grid's Solution to Manual Sales Forms
The Daily Sales Reporting worksheet on Grid is an all-in-one solution that enables you to capture data regarding your daily sales in a clear and concise manner. It gives you the convenience of recording transactional data from different avenues of your business including revenue from dine-in, delivery, or online sales along with the division of various payment methods such as credit cards, UPI, or cash in separate columns. There is also an option to view Month-till-Date sales data besides keeping a track of Daily Sales Logs. The form contains a comprehensive list of requirements that cover every sales avenue:
- Store Name: As the Daily Sales Reporting template is specifically built to satisfy the requirements of F&B chain owners, the Store Name column categorizes all of the sales data store-wise for individualized reports.
- Card Sales and Batch Number: Grid tracks the sales across multiple payment methods. Here, users can record the total amount of card payments in the day, along with the credit card batch numbers for payment processing. In India, some people prefer to pay using AMEX cards, hence there's also a dedicated column for AMEX transactions.
- Dineout: All payments done through the Dineout app in a day are aggregated in this column.
- UPI: Whether it's PhonePe, Gpay, or PayTm, the sum of all UPI transactions is recorded in this column.
- Coupon or Voucher Sale: If customers use a coupon or voucher to apply to their bill, then that specific bill amount is noted here.
- Swiggy and Zomato: Columns for recording sales via Swiggy and Zomato, India's two primary food delivery services.
- Cash Sale: All payments done through cash are recorded separately in the Cash column.
- Discounts: Any discounts that are applied to the customers' payments are tallied up and stored here.
- User Tag: This column signifies that all the information added via the form is authenticated by the store employee/user.
- Manager and Multi-unit Manager Tags: This column signifies whether the daily records have been verified and approved by the Store Manager and the Multi-unit Manager.
Once an entry has been made, you can see certain columns get auto-populated themselves. The data in these columns is calculated based on the data you have entered and is displayed without any sort of user intervention. The use and functionality of these columns are as follows:-
- MTD Gross and Net Sales: These columns record the gross and net sales added up daily from the beginning of the month to today's date, but exclude any sales that have taken place this day.
- Gross and Net Sales: These columns display the total gross and net sales for the day, i.e., a culmination of credit card sales, online sales, Dineout sales, and cash sales.
- Month to Date Gross and Net Sales till Today: These columns add up the Month to Date gross and net sales separately, with the gross and net sales from the day the form is filled respectively.
Digitizing Service Charge Data Collection
It provides an accessible way to record and track any service charge waive-offs that may incur against a bill during daily operations. The data can then be used for accounting or similar purposes.
- Store Name and Date: It's mandatory to fill in the Store Number and Date, which essentially provides store-wise visibility to the management.
- Bill Number: Since the Service Charge waive-off takes place on the individual bill level and requires changes to the original bill, every bill number needs to be added here to maintain consistency.
- Actual Amount with Service Charge: This column holds the original bill value before the service charge is requested to be waived off.
- Removed SC amount: Users can now store the service charge amount that's removed from the bill before a newly revised bill is generated.
- Guest Name: This is an optional column that is left to the customer's discretion.
- Remarks: Any important pointers that may have taken place during the process, including customer interaction, may be noted here.
- User and Multi-unit Manager Tags: After the user is done uploading the data, they can populate the User Tag with their ID. All of this data can now be viewed by the Multi-unit Manager who verifies this and closes the record with their tag.
How do your checklists function within the Grid app?
Knowing what the Grid Sales Reporting template includes, let's discuss how simple and quick it is to set up all the data, checkpoints, worksheets, users, and analytics with just a few clicks and no code. This template for the F&B Service sector automatically creates:
- A designated workspace in your Grid account, called 'Daily Sales Reporting'.
- Three worksheets under the Daily Sales Reporting workspace, called 'Daily Sales Recording', 'Service Charge Waive Off', and 'Cash Deposit Sheet'.
- A workspace called 'Master Databases,' which contains a 'Store Database,' which includes a list of all your stores and their respective IDs, a 'Vendor Database' which consists of a list of all your vendors and their GST details, and finally an 'Item List' explicitly designed for purchase requisition containing a list of items and their categories and rates.
- A dashboard called DSR Dashboard, where you can see aggregated data and insights into all the sales that have been recorded on a daily basis.
- A notifications system and other dependencies so that the template can run perfectly in real-time.
The Daily Sales Reporting worksheets are meant to be filled in by Store Managers. Once the manager fills in the checkpoints and submits the form with a single click, the data will be directly entered into the database. If the manager misses any checkpoint, the sales audit will be marked as incomplete. In order to integrate this template into your daily operations, all you will need are:
- A list of your stores that are to be added to the 'Store Database' worksheet.
- A list of users who are Store Managers for these stores.
- A list of sales generation checkpoints specific to your requirements.
Now that you know the importance of digital Daily Sales Reporting forms, and how easy it is to put them into action, it's time to get the best results out of your operations. If you’d like to know more about how Grid can help you set up a checklist module that records and monitors all your sales across your stores, automates sales management workflow, and optimizes your finances, speak to a Grid expert and we’ll get you started.